These are the new items in the Condo Act more pertinent to our Condominium:
Criminal penalties will apply for:
- Forging election ballots and voting certificates
- Theft and embezzlement of association funds
- Accepting kickbacks
- Violating fiduciary responsibilities
- Destroying official records
WEBSITE- Mandatory password-protected websites for posting official records for associations that operate more than 150 units before July 1st 2018. A current copy of the following documents must be posted in digital format on the association’s website:
o The recorded declaration of condominium and each amendment to the declaration.
o The recorded bylaws of the association and each amendment to the bylaws.
- The articles of incorporation, or other documents creating the association, and each amendment thereto as filed with the Department of State.
- The rules of the association.
- Any management agreement, lease, or other contract to which the association is a party or under which the association or the unit owners have an obligation or responsibility.
- Summaries of bids for materials, equipment, or services must be maintained on the website for 1 year.
- The annual budget required by s. 718.112(2)(f) and any proposed budget to be considered at the annual meeting.
- The most recent financial reports
- Any proposed financial reports to be considered at a meeting.
- The certification of each director required by s. 718.112(2)(d)4.b.
- All contracts or transactions between the association and any director, officer, corporation, firm, or association that is not an affiliated condominium association or any other entity in which an association director is also a director or officer and financially interested.
- Any contract or document regarding a conflict of interest or possible conflict of interest as provided in ss. 468.436(2) and 718.3026(3).
- The notice of any unit owner meeting and the agenda for the meeting no later than 14 days before the meeting. The notice must be posted in plain view on the front page of the website, or on a separate subpage of the website labeled “Notices” which is conspicuously visible and linked from the front page.
- Any document to be considered and voted on by the owners during the meeting
- Any document listed on the agenda at least 7 days before the meeting at which the document or the information within the document will be considered.
- Notice of any board meeting, and the agenda and any other document required for the meeting.
DEBIT CARDS.— An association or any officer, director, employee, or agent of an association may not use a debit card issued in the name of the association, or which is billed directly to the association, for the payment of any association expense. Use of a debit card issued in the name of the association or billed directly to the association for any expense that is not a lawful obligation of the association may be prosecuted as credit card fraud pursuant to s. 817.61.