Pavilion from the Ocean

Pavilion from the Ocean

Welcome to

This forum, by owners for owners, provides useful information for owners to view and discuss.

This blog does not belong nor represents the views of the Pavilon Condo Association

You can subscribe to the blog by entering your email on the upper hand side on the blog. You will then receive an email with a link that you must click on to complete the subscription. Then every time the blog is updated you will receive an email message.

To Practice Real Estate in Florida you need a License

A Real Estate Broker is an individual or entity that performs the services of real estate on behalf of another person, for compensation. The term “real estate” is defined in statute to include both interest in land or real property and business opportunities. The term "compensation” includes monetary compensation as well as valuable consideration, which includes benefits other than cash or tangible goods.

Sales associates are individuals who are allowed to perform these services but only at the direction and control of a real estate broker or for their registered owner developer.
Important Note Regarding Unlicensed Assistants: The Florida Real Estate Commission has outlined permissible activities which an unlicensed assistant working in cooperation with a licensed individual may do.

These items are offered as examples of services you do need to hire a person with a Florida license and services you do not need to hire a person with a Florida license.  The list is not all inclusive.  If you have specific questions, please contact the department at 850.487.1395 or review the statutes and rules for the profession  You should also check with your county or city to learn whether or not a local business tax receipt or certificate of competency is required for services that do not require a state license.  Please visit our Unlicensed Activity page to learn more about how you can help us combat Unlicensed Activity.

No comments: