If you agreed to serve on your board, you will want to be sure you comply with the State’s certification requirements, have the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
Our Board certification class is designed to equip directors in all types of shared ownership communities with the information they need to make their communities function well. We will discuss statutory requirements, common documentary provisions as well as best practices in the community association industry.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Defining Fiduciary Duty
- Analyzing Association Operations
- Explaining how to properly maintain the association’s books and records
- Understanding the pros and cons of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Avoiding Common Election pitfalls
- Preparing Budgets & Funding Reserves
- Understanding Financial Reporting Requirements
- Navigating the quagmire of insurance coverage
- Defusing conflict
Our class allows both newly-elected directors and board veterans to ask questions and get the answers they need in a comfortable environment.
Contact Leydis Hernandez at email@example.com
or (305) 262-4433 Ext. 11041 for more info.